This is without a doubt our favorite way to eat asparagus when it is in season. It’s a fairly simple treatment for a vegetable that doesn’t really need a fancy recipe or sauce when it’s fresh and tender from the garden.
asparagus on the grill
Liven this recipe up a bit by adding a clove of crushed garlic to the marinade, or some red pepper flakes.
Grilled Asparagus Print This Recipe
A Happy Acres Original
1 pound asparagus
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp oregano, dried
1 dash black pepper, freshly ground
1. Trim tough ends of asparagus.
2. Combine all ingredients in large ziploc bag. Seal bag, shake to coat asparagus.
3. Let marinate for 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Remove asparagus from bag, discarding marinade.
5. Place asparagus on hot grill rack. Let cook 5 minutes per side or until done.
Nutrition (per serving): 56 calories, 31 calories from fat, 3.6g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 46.8mg sodium, 246.4mg potassium, 5.3g carbohydrates, 2.6g fiber, 2.2g sugar, 2.6g protein, 34mg calcium, <1g saturated fat.
This entry was posted in Recipes
and tagged asparagus
. Bookmark the permalink
Tomorrow I’m sowing my first asparagus seeds. It will be few years until I will have harvest like this!
They look very tasty… I’m hungry!
I’m salivating now, villager. This looks — and sounds! — incredible.
I adore grilled asparagus. I’ll have to try your recipe. I usually just grill mine with lemon juice, olive oil, and sea salt.