Kale and Potato Hash
adapted from an Eating Well  recipe
8 cups torn kale leaves, stems removed (about 10-12 ounces of kale before prep)
2 cups shredded red skin potatoes (about 1 lb)
2 clove minced garlic
3 Tbs horseradish
2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
paprika for garnish (optional)
1. Remove stems and ribs from kale leaves, then tear into pieces.
2. Blanch kale by microwaving for 3 minutes in a covered bowl, or by cooking on stove top for 3 minutes in a small amount of boiling water. Either way, drain kale and then let cool slightly until you can handle it. Chop kale into fine pieces.
3. Parboil potatoes for 15-20 minutes, until skin can just be pierced easily with a fork (potatoes will not be completely cooked). Cool thoroughly, then grate using medium grater.
4. In mixing bowl, combine kale and potatoes with garlic, salt and horseradish. Mix well.
5. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat, then add kale and potato mixture.
6. Cook for 10-15 minutes until potatoes start to brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition (per serving): 224 calories, 69 calories from fat, 7.9g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 1248.5mg potassium, 35.6g carbohydrates, 4.9g fiber, <1g sugar, 7g protein, 197.9mg calcium, 1.1g saturated fat.