Apple Cinnamon Granola
A Happy Acres Original
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (raw, unsalted)
1 cup dried apples, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Combine honey, applesauce, oil, water, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a saucepan. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Mix oats, wheat germ, walnuts and sunflower seeds in large mixing bowl. Pour honey mixture into bowl and stir until everything is well coated.
4. Spread granola evenly over two baking sheets. Bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
5. Remove from the oven and place on cooling racks. Stir 1/2 cup dried apples into the granola on each sheet. Allow to cool completely. Store granola in an airtight container.
Servings: 15 (about 1/2 cup each)
Nutrition (per serving): 297 calories, 99 calories from fat, 11.5g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 84.2mg sodium, 116.9mg potassium, 43.8g carbohydrates, 5.5g fiber, 18g sugar, 7.1g protein, 29mg calcium, 1.2g saturated fat.