Blueberry Walnut Granola
A Happy Acres Original
2/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, raw, unsalted
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
1 cup dried blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Combine apple juice concentrate, honey, oil, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Mix oats, walnuts, sunflower seeds and flaxseed meal in large mixing bowl. Pour juice mixture into bowl and stir until well mixed.
4. Spread granola evenly over two baking sheets. Bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 5-6 minutes, until lightly browned.
5. Remove from the oven and place on cooling racks. Stir 1/2 cup blueberries into granola on each sheet. Allow to cool completely. Store granola in an airtight container.
(1/2 cup each)
Nutrition (per serving): 320 calories, 117 calories from fat, 13.6g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 71.5mg sodium, 109.1mg potassium, 46.3g carbohydrates, 7.6g fiber, 14.9g sugar, 6.7g protein, 113.5mg calcium, 1.3g saturated fat.