Cranberry Orange Salad
A Happy Acres Original
12 oz fresh cranberries
2 oranges (1 peeled, 1 with peel)
1 cup celery
2 apples, cored
8 oz crushed pineapple, drained, reserve juice
1 lemon, juiced
1 cup sugar
1 cup walnuts (or pecans), chopped
2 pkgs unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1. Grind first 4 ingredients in food grinder (drain excess juice from celery).
2. Add pineapple, lemon juice, sugar and nuts. Mix well.
3. Dissolve gelatin in cold water.
4. Bring reserved pineapple juice to a boil; add to dissolved gelatin. Mix well. Add gelatin mixture to cranberry mixture. Blend well.
5. Pour into large container or into jars and refrigerate until set. Keep refrigerated. Salad will keep for several weeks in refrigerator, and can be frozen for longer storage.
Servings: 16 (about 1/2 cup each)
Nutrition (per serving): 139 calories, 42 calories from fat, 5g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 8.5mg sodium, 152.6mg potassium, 23.9g carbohydrates, 2.5g fiber, 20.5g sugar, 1.8g protein, 22.9mg calcium, <1g saturated fat.